Ms. Norma Manjarrez is an attorney in the Chicago office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., where she assists management in a variety of labor and employment matters. Prior to joining Ogletree Deakins, Ms. Manjarrez practiced at a business services law firm, where she represented management in matters including enforcement of collective bargaining agreements and defended allegations of disability discrimination, retaliatory discharge, sexual harassment, and violation of wage and hour and wage payment laws.
During her last year at the University of Illinois College of Law, Ms. Manjarrez was invited to join the Federal Civil Rights Clinic where she received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award after representing a pro se litigant in a Section 1983 claim for violation of the Fourteenth Amendment Due Process Clause before a federal jury. Ms. Manjarrez also served as a teaching assistant for the Illinois College of Law’s legal writing department.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2012
- B.S.,magna cum laude, DePaul University, 2007
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Posse Foundation, Writing Coach
- American Bar Association
- National Hispanic Bar Association
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
Rate : $$$$