Oishika Gupta practices corporate immigration law, and currently represents leading corporations in a variety of industries, including information technology, consulting and manufacturing.
Her areas of practice include corporate U.S. immigration, particularly nonimmigrant visas, with a focus on helping leading IT firms comply with end-to-end nonimmigrant requirements.
Oishika has been a core part of Fragomen’s Foreign Consular Practice (FCP) team, assisting in the development of mock interview scripts and helping clients to understand consular trends in India. While working for Fragomen in India, she was integral to the ISO Quality Certification process for the firm’s India offices.
Oishika has been involved with various pro bono activities, including working withAmnesty International and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. She has also assisted the senior attorney on the Supreme Court of India in high-profile litigation cases.
Oishika has been an active volunteer with Child Rights and You (CRY)—a nonprofit international human rights organization—where she spearheaded an anti-child labor campaign, liaising with government officials and the civil society at large.
Oishika has also assisted with individual pro bono casework through Fragomen, including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and asylum matters.
Oishika speaks English, Bengal and Hindi.
- Coordinated H-1B cap filing process for several high-volume IT consulting firms
- Contributed to the development of a comprehensive nonimmigrant visa strategy document for a leading IT consulting firm
- Worked with large IT consulting clients to set up and coordinate their overall immigration strategy and nonimmigrant and immigrant visa practices
- Contributed to the development of comprehensive consular practices, including mock interview strategies, with a focus on India and Manila
- Developed strategies and processes for Batch PERM filings for high-volume IT consulting companies
- Collaborated with clients to develop their overall immigration strategies post acquisition and merger
- Georgetown University Law Center | Master of Law, 2009, with distinction
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences | Bachelor of Law, 2008
Bar Admissions: New York
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Committee Member, AILA National Pro-Bono Services Committee
- Committee Member, AILA Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS) Committee
Rate : $$$$