Olga M. Pina is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Olga practices in the areas of corporate, securities, international business transactions and export compliance, including compliance with U.S. Treasury (OFAC) regulations relating to embargoed countries and customs seizures.
She has extensive experience in corporate transactions, including cross-border joint ventures and securities issues in Latin America. Olga serves as a member of the firm’s Cuba Task Force. She is also involved in Project H.E.L.P., a pro bono project, which provides legal assistance through Metropolitan Ministries to the people it serves in our community.
Olga is the founder of the Tampa Chapter of the Organization of Women in International Trade (TBOWIT), having served several terms as its president, and is instrumental in bringing in international speakers to Tampa and coordinating events for TBOWIT’s members and potential members.
Olga has been a guest lecturer on Legal Issues in Export Sales for Florida SBDC at USF in its International Trade Certificate Program for the past ten years. She has also been an adjunct professor at Stetson Law School, teaching a course on International Joint Ventures, and is a frequent guest lecturer in international law and business classes taught by other professors at both Stetson Law and USF.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- Association for Latin Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Tampa: Class of 2003
- Tampa Bay Hispanic Bar Association
- Tampa Bay International Trade Council
- Tampa Bay Women in International Trade: Director and Founding President
- Leadership Tampa Alumni
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1989
- Articles Editor, Journal of Legal Ethics
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1985
Rate : $$$