Oliver Beiersdorf’s practice focuses on aviation, marine, commercial and product liability litigation. Oliver represents foreign and domestic airlines, product manufacturers and distributors, ship owners and operators, automobile manufacturers and other corporate clients in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Oliver has extensive experience in the areas of contract and insurance law, as well as international treaties, such as the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions, the New York Arbitration Convention, Death on the High Seas Act, Jones Act and Carriage of Goods by Sea Act.
Oliver’s experience includes representing clients in multi-district mass tort and other high-stakes litigation. He has tried high profile cases for several notable firm clients. Oliver also regularly counsels clients outside of the courtroom on litigation risk management, contracts and insurance issues. He is recognized in Chambers USA as one of America’s leading lawyers.
- Brooklyn Law School, 1997, J.D.
- University of Oregon, 1993, B.A.
- University of Stuttgart, Germany, studied politics and international relations for one year as a fully matriculated student.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Second Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
Clerkships : Honorable William D. Friedmann, Supreme Court – New York, Appellate Division, Second Department
- Achieved multi-million dollar recoveries for clients in several international shipbuilding disputes.
- Lead counsel for major U.S. airline in high profile Multi-District Litigation stemming from crash of commercial aircraft, including acting as trial counsel during two month trial in New York Supreme Court.
- Represent ship owners in arrest and interpleader actions stemming from O.W. Bunker fuel supplier insolvency.
- Lead counsel for automobile manufacturer in maritime product liability action involving millions of dollars of damage to cargo and car carrying ship due to a sustained fire aboard the vessel.
- Represent German aviation bearing manufacturer in numerous air crash cases venued throughout the United States, resulting in favorable resolution for client.
- Achieved multi-million dollar recovery for foreign airline in action against refueling company to recover for fire damage caused to Boeing 777 aircraft during refueling operations.
- Secured declaratory judgment in favor of airport terminal operator in action seeking additional insured coverage under subcontractor’s policy of insurance.
Rate : $$$$