Oliver J. Bystricky advises clients on a broad range of commercial issues, with a specialty in media and technology transactions, including the licensing, acquisition, sale, use, and commercial exploitation of intellectual property, technology, and data.
In this role, Mr. Bystricky regularly advises clients with respect to content licensing, distribution issues, and other commercial transactions. Mr. Bystricky represents clients in a wide array of industries, including entertainment and media, travel, sports, and finance.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Bystricky was associated with another leading law firm in New York, where he represented clients with respect to intellectual property, technology, and data issues in M&A transactions.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2015
- Boston College, B.A., 2006
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented Bacardi in its acquisition of Patrón Spirits.
- Represented Squarespace in a multi-year sponsorship deal with the Madison Square Garden Company, including Squarespace becoming the New York Knicks’ first jersey sponsor.
- Represented a leading mobile internet company in its multi-million dollar acquisition of a video-sharing mobile app and licensed music catalog.
- Represented a fintech startup in connection with its proprietary sanctions database and risk management platform, including with respect to the company’s privacy policies and end user license agreements.
- Represented a fintech startup in connection with its cloud-based mortgage lending platform, including with respect to the company’s master service agreements and terms and conditions for use of the platform.
- Represented a leading cosmetics and beauty company in connection with a strategic acquisition.
- Represented a fashion startup providing an online marketplace for independent designers in connection with its IP development and commercial agreements.
Rate : $$$$