Olivia M. Kim is a partner in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s intellectual property litigation practice. She is a patent trial lawyer who is particularly adept at handling complex cases and entering cases at the trial preparation stage involving technologies ranging from pharmaceuticals to computer hardware and software.
She has a national trial practice, including trials in California, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, and Texas, and has had a laboring oar for examining and cross-examining critical lay and expert witnesses. She also has cutting-edge experience in the area of patent damages, including developing new methodologies in recent jury trials and for pre-trial and summary judgment phases.
Prior to joining the firm, Olivia was a partner in the intellectual property and patent litigation group at Sidley Austin LLP in Los Angeles. Before starting her legal career, Olivia performed research in immunology and physiology laboratories at UCLA and co-authored papers on immune responses in diabetic mice and methods for membrane protein purification.Olivia is fluent in Korean.
- J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, 2003
- B.S., Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Planning Committee, USC Gould School of Law Intellectual Property Institute, 2017-2018
- Board Member, Western Center on Law & Poverty, 2017
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$