Olivia Tyrrell is a Corporate / M&A partner in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office. Olivia has also practiced in the Firm’s Sydney and Barcelona offices. She is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Global Transactional Healthcare group.
Olivia guides clients through transformational corporate transactions, particularly on cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate reorganizations, often involving complex, multijurisdictional carve-out transactions.
She has acted as lead counsel for several multinational pharmaceutical and healthcare companies in high-profile transactions, including several large transactions in India.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.) (2003)
- Queensland University of Technology (LL.B. summa cum laude) (2001)
- Queensland Institute of Technology (Bachelor of Business Accounting summa cum laude, University Medalist) (1998)
- Illinois~United States (2004)
- Queensland~Australia (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Law Society of Queensland – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Council on Foreign Relations – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised Baxter International on the spin-off of its biopharmaceutical business to Baxalta.
- Advised Walgreens in its specialty pharmacy and mail service pharmacy joint venture with Prime Therapeutics.
- Advised Merck & Co. in multiple transactions, including the acquisition of Cubist Pharmaceuticals and the divestiture of its consumer care business to Bayer AG.
- Advised CommScope, Inc. in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of TE Connectivity’s telecom, enterprise and wireless businesses.
Rate : $$$