Olivier F. Theard is a partner specializing in environmental law, including regulatory advice and compliance, due diligence and transactions, administrative hearings, and litigation.
- Assists clients with environmental regulatory and permitting matters, including advice and compliance with State and Federal air quality, hazardous waste, and consumer products laws.
- Advises on environmental due diligence in corporate and real estate transactions. Mr. Theard has extensive experience advising buyers and sellers of contaminated land and negotiating contract terms related to a wide variety of environmental law regulatory issues. Because of his litigation experience, Mr. Theard offers clients a unique perspective when assessing transactional risks.
- Manages environmental investigations and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Provides advice on compliance with Proposition 65, both as to product and environmental warnings, and handles Prop 65 litigation.
- Handles environmental litigation and administrative disputes under the Clean Air Act, CERCLA and other federal and state environmental laws.
- Prepares administrative petitions and represents clients in hearings and proceedings before the South Coast Air Quality Management District, the Department of Toxic Substances Control, and various California Regional Water Quality Control Boards.
- Represents clients in complex toxic tort litigation regarding alleged injuries from benzene, chromium, asbestos, dioxins, and other chemicals.
Mr. Theard is an active leader in the firm’s diversity and recruiting efforts. He is co-chair of the Los Angeles Recruiting Committee, in charge of hiring new lawyers. Mr. Theard also is the firmwide leader of major diversity initiatives aimed at increasing minority and female retention in the practice of law.
- J.D., University of Southern California, 2001
- B.A., Stanford University, 1998
Admissions : California
- Firmwide Leader, Diversity and Inclusion Attorney Network
- Los Angeles Leader, Recruiting Committee
- Executive Committee, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Firmwide Representative, US Law Firm Group Environmental Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, USC Alumni Association
- Member, Stanford Alumni Association
Rate : $$$$