Attorney Omar F. Khan received his Juris Doctorate from The Ohio State University – Moritz College of Law and is admitted to practice in Illinois and in front of the Executive Office for Immigration Review. Mr. Khan’s practice of law is focused on immigration law and criminal defense.
Before founding Khan Nayyar & Associates, Mr. Khan was an Assistant State’s Attorney working for the Winnebago County State’s Attorney Office. Prior to that, Mr. Khan was a law clerk for Judge J. Edward Prochaska in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois.
With experience in both criminal and civil litigation, Mr. Khan has handled intricate and delicate matters. As a law clerk, Mr. Khan drafted numerous published opinions. He has the ability to speak the language of the judiciary, understanding the legal process from start to end. As a prosecutor, he represented the People of the State of Illinois in numerous hearings and trials.
Mr. Khan’s experience as a litigator uniquely qualifies him to anticipate potentially troublesome situations that can arise in immigration and criminal proceedings. He is dedicated, motivated, and experienced to handle the case properly.
Mr. Khan graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Dayton, with a Bachelors in Economics, while working two jobs to pay his way through college. The foundation of his determination stems from his parents, both immigrants, who worked tirelessly to support him and his two sisters. Mr. Khan, as an immigrant himself, can empathize with the struggle, confusion, heartache, and time associated with the immigration process.
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, Columbus, OH, J.D.
- The University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, B.A. Economics
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List
Past Employment Positions:
- Assistant State’s Attorney, State’s Attorney Office of Winnebago County
- Law Clerk, The Honorable J. Edward Prochaska, 17th Judicial Circuit of Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chicago Chapter Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chicago UPL Committee Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association, Former Member
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Former Member
Rate : $$$$