Orla G. Thompson is an experienced litigator who focuses her practice on complex and commercial litigation matters, including toxic tort, construction, employment, federal whistleblower, business contract and real estate claims. She has appeared as counsel in New York federal and state courts and before federal administrative agencies.
Orla handles and manages her cases through all phases of litigation, including case assessment and development, pre-trial pleadings and motions, discovery, trial preparation, and appeals.
Before joining the firm, Orla practiced at the New York office of a northeast-based law firm, where her practice focused on complex commercial litigation matters, including lead and mold litigation, federal whistleblower actions, and general malpractice litigation.
Orla earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Tufts University, and her law degree from Boston University School of Law. While in law school, she was a summer law clerk at the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, and also summered for a federal Magistrate Judge.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Tufts University, B.A., cum laude, 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- New York Women’s Bar Association
- Practicing Attorneys for Law Students (PALS)
Rate : $$$$