P. Alexander Quimby is an accomplished commercial litigator who has successfully served as lead counsel in trial and arbitrations, and who was selected to the Florida “Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers Magazine. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor.
Alex represents plaintiffs and defendants, including Fortune 500 companies, small business and individuals, in litigation involving business disputes, class actions, product liability cases and other matters. He has handled numerous depositions, hearings and other proceedings.
Alex believes that his focused, driven and practical approach to litigation is key to achieving a client’s goals.
- Involved in representing Irving H. Picard, Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, LLC, in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel.
- Lead counsel on behalf of individual in two-day trial against custom automobile shop that resulted in final judgment for entire amount demanded.
- Lead counsel on behalf of commercial landlord in arbitration proceeding against tenant that resulted in arbitration award, and subsequent final judgment, in favor of landlord on all claims.
- Lead counsel in defense of a store owner sued for breach of contract that resulted in a favorable settlement for a nominal, undisputed amount.
- Defends publicly traded company against negligence and products liability actions concerning allegedly defective equipment.
- Defended a hotel and resort company in a class action filed in federal court for alleged contractual violations. Drafted a memorandum in opposition to class certification and provided key research on the Class Action Fairness Act and other matters. The case was resolved without class certification after the plaintiff dismissed his claims.
- Defended and advised various companies facing class action claims brought under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Provided key research and drafting of dispositive motions at various stages of litigation.
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Community : Central Florida Young Professionals Advisory Council
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2012, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Florida State Law Review; Book Awards include Contracts, Secured Transactions, Florida Appellate Practice, and Legal Writing; Katzentine-Simon Scholarship, Mason Ladd Merit Scholarship
- B.S., Sport Management, Florida State University, 2009, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
Rate : $$$$