Bruce Converse currently focuses his practice on insurance; antitrust and competition; class action defense (both insurance and consumer issues); commercial (including contract claims, and bankruptcy); and intellectual property disputes (trademark and copyright infringement litigation, protection of trade secret and confidential business information). He has a broad range of experience at both trial and appellate levels.
Bruce also regularly represents clients in antitrust cases, including price-fixing actions and provides general antitrust counseling. He has litigated antitrust claims involving vertical restrictions, such as dual distribution systems, dealer terminations, and tying arrangements.
Bruce represents various public entities in a wide range of circumstances, including school district desegregation, funding disputes, litigation involving alleged conflict of interest, annexation, and condemnation actions. He also represents private parties in dealing with public entities, including negotiation of software development agreements and zoning issues.
He has represented other attorneys in disciplinary proceedings before state bar associations, and maintains an active interest in issues relating to legal ethics and firm administration. Bruce speaks regularly at various professional seminars and has written two articles on law practice management and development for the Arizona Attorney.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- US District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1979
- B.A., Stanford University, 1976, with honors and distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$