Edward Pratt concentrates his practice in the area of litigation with focus on personal injury defense in transportation, products liability and insurance defense matters. Mr. Pratt served as Southeastern regional trial counsel for a Fortune 500 tractor trailer leasing company and chemical tanker hauler, conducting trials and managing local counsel in 15 states.
Mr. Pratt’s product liability experience includes complex automobile personal injury defense for two of the Big Three American manufacturers, defense of various products for a national door and window manufacturer and products liability defense for numerous other manufacturers.
In addition, Mr. Pratt has extensive experience representing general contractors, owners and lenders in complex defective construction arbitrations and litigation. He concentrates his construction litigation prosecuting and defending claims under Tennessee’s complex mechanics and materialmen’s lien statute and has successfully perfected and defeated multi-million dollar lien claims.
Mr. Pratt is a member of the Firm’s 24 Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever you need us.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1987
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1984, magna cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1987
Representative Matters :
- Provided trial counsel for major automobile manufacturers in products liability actions involving serious personal injuries.
- Served as southeastern regional counsel for a Fortune 500 truck leasing company.
- Defeated $4 million in mechanics’ lien actions arising from a hotel construction project.
- Successfully mediated wrongful death trucking accident claims prior to suit being filed.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a product liability action.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Member – American, Tennessee, Anderson County and Knoxville Bar Associations
- Voted a Top Attorney by his peers in CityView magazine (2009, 2010)
- City Attorney for Norris, Tennessee since 1989
Rate : $$$$