P. Mason Hogue Jr. serves as Assistant Corporate Group Leader and is the co-head of the Technology and Procurement Industry Group. Mr. Hogue is a business attorney and often serves as outside general counsel to growth companies.
He practices in the areas of corporate law, intellectual property law, technology law, and economic development. His area of focus is representing growth companies with respect to corporate, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, securities, strategic alliance, outsourcing, and licensing matters.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (1992)
- University of South Carolina, Masters of International Business Studies (1988)
- University of South Carolina, BS, Chemical Engineering, magna cum laude (1986)
- South Carolina
- Represents both suppliers and buyers of technology services and products with clients ranging from technology startups and emerging market companies to public companies
- Drafts and negotiates outsourcing agreements, software design and development agreements, cloud computing and network based application hosting agreements, hardware and software purchase/licensing agreements, patent license agreements, reseller and vendor agreements, product supply agreements, and subcontracting agreements
- Acts as general counsel to software and technology companies and assists in angel, venture capital and debt financings, strategic joint ventures and acquisitions, corporate governance, incentive and executive compensation arrangements and company sale transactions
- Represents companies locating in South Carolina in incentive and related negotiations
- Member of Board of Advisors to EngenuitySC and serves on an entrepreneurship subcommittee
- Contributor to and supporter of the USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
- Served on a pro bono basis as general counsel to the Palmetto Biotechnology Alliance, FuelCellSouth, and the Software Developers Association of the Midlands
Rate : $$$$