P. Randy Seybold’s litigation practice focuses on a wide variety of complex commercial disputes and other contested matters. He has successfully represented major corporations in the financial services, life insurance, defense, construction, and accounting industries, as well as small businesses, educational institutions, and individuals.
Randy has successfully litigated a wide range of matters before federal and state courts and in arbitration and mediation, including disputes with federal and state governments regarding improper regulatory action, False Claims Act lawsuits, government contracts disputes, real estate disputes, construction claims, antitrust claims, and allegations of federal and state privacy act violations.
Randy also has experience representing corporate clients in government and internal investigations. He is also committed to pro bono work, representing clients in veteran’s benefit claims, FTCA claims, criminal matters involving claims of actual innocence, and civil and criminal matters alleging violations of state and federal wiretapping statutes.
- Served as counsel in securing at summary judgment a permanent injunction against the California Office of State Controller, enjoining the enforcement of two invalid regulations related to the escheatment of unclaimed life insurance benefits
- Served as lead counsel for a real estate development company in obtaining, through mediation, a favorable settlement with respect to a real estate contract dispute, allowing the developer to proceed with a multi-million-dollar multi-use development in the District of Columbia
- Represented a global aerospace company in a multi-million-dollar government contracts dispute in the Court of Federal Claims
- Represented a major financial institution with respect to a multi-million-dollar False Claims Act qui tam action in the Southern District of Florida
- J.D. Columbia University School of Law 2006
- B.A. magna cum laude Harvard University 2001
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Rate : $$$$