Pablo Gonzalez practices in the area of insurance and reinsurance. He currently serves as the deputy practice coordinator for the Insurance and Reinsurance practice group in the New Orleans office and leads the firm’s Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection practice group.
Pablo has experience counseling and representing insurers in litigation, in both state and federal court, involving first- and third-party coverage issues with a particular focus on cyber risks. His background in professional liability, life science products, registered financial advisors, and commercial transportation as well as excess and umbrella insurance, and reinsurance enables a thorough understanding of his practice.
After Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Pablo litigated numerous bad faith cases involving business interruption claims allegedly resulting from the storm. This experience lends itself to a deep-rooted understanding of such losses in the cyber context.
Pablo lived in London in 2012 as part of the Secondee Counsel Program run by Faraday Underwriting Syndicate 435 at Lloyd’s (formerly DP Mann.) He trained primarily with Faraday specialty lines claims and underwriting personnel.
Additionally, he trained with other Underwriting Syndicates at Lloyd’s as well as a broking house and the claims bureau. Pablo represented the London Market in one of the first-litigated cyber coverage disputes involving the payment card industry (“PCI”) and continues to litigate cyber-related issues and bad faith claims against insurers. He also acts as coverage and monitoring counsel for cyber insurers.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004; Crowe Scholar; Case Note and Quantum Editor, Loyola Maritime Journal
- Sewanee – The University of the South, B.A. in English, 2000; The Order of Gownsmen
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Council of the Louisiana State Law Institute – Observer of the Young Lawyer’s Section (2009)
- Young Leadership Council
- Trinity Episcopal Schoool (Board of Trustees)
- Coverage and monitoring counsel for cyber insurers.
- Multiple representations in complex coverage declaratory judgments.
- Coverage counsel for various property insurers in suits filed by policyholders, including suits involving bad faith.
- Coverage counsel for reinsurers.
Rate : $$$