Pamela Charles advises clients on federal tax matters. She offers tax planning advice to public and private companies, both domestic and foreign, on a variety of business transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, restructurings and financial products.
Pamela’s work includes advising real estate owners and developers on acquisitions and dispositions, REIT, tax-exempt title holding entity, historic tax credit, and related issues. Pamela serves as a liaison to the firm’s China and energy practice groups. Pamela also has significant energy industry expertise and counsels clients on all tax aspects of their energy projects.
She has helped utilities and independent developers explore the tax benefits available for renewable energy projects, including those using wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, cogeneration, and hydroelectric sources. Pamela is a frequent speaker on various tax topics at continuing legal education seminars.
- Former Chair, Tax Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Former Chair, Seattle Tax Group
- Affiliate Professor, Taxation of Business Entities, University of Washington Law School, 1997-1999
- Named as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Corporate/Commercial: Tax (Washington) by Chambers USA, 2007-2018; Received “Band 1” ranking, 2012-2018
- Recipient “Roger L. Stouder Award,” Washington State Bar Association Tax Section, 2017
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1992
- B.A., Economics, University of Washington, 1986, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$