Pamela A. Miller represents banks and financial institutions in litigation relating to bank liability, fraud, bankruptcy, regulatory improprieties, and securities matters, and has conducted internal investigations involving anti-money laundering compliance, securities fraud, internal and corporate fraud, accounting fraud, and market manipulation.
Pam is also a member of O’Melveny’s Policy Committee, and the firm’s Management Team, which develops and implements O’Melveny’s strategic plans.
In 2018, Crain’s New York Business recognized Pam as a “trailblazer…who found multiple paths to excellence” in its inaugural list of Leading Women Lawyers in New York City. She was also recently recognized by The Legal 500 US for her distinguished career in financial services litigation.
Pam’s clients benefit from her wealth of experience before major government agencies including the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
Pam is a strong advocate of diversity in the legal profession. She has collaborated with several clients to design and implement programs to enhance the diversity of client teams, and she regularly discusses diversity initiatives at client and industry events.
She is a member of O’Melveny’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and a former member of the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Women in the Profession.
- Financial Services Litigation:
- Lead trial counsel in two-week hearing, resulting in full defense judgment for a major financial institution arising from dispute with private equity partner regarding sale of private equity investments.
- Lead counsel in multiple actions alleging that various financial entities breached representations and warranties in the issuance and securitization of Residential Mortgage Backed Securities.
- Lead counsel for multiple domestic and international banks in litigation arising from investments in Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities and the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Represented First Republic Bank in class action related to compliance with federally-mandated ATM regulations.
- Conducted confidential investigation for Top 5 financial services firm related to allegations of improper solicitation.
- Commercial Litigation:
- Lead trial counsel in international arbitration related to dissolution of failed joint venture related to security technology.
- Represented GE Healthcare in litigation related to design and implementation of electronic medical records system.
- Defended CA Technologies Inc. in litigation related to breach of contract and theft of trade secrets related to enterprise security software.
- Defended major software manufacturer in arbitration related to improper payment and calculation of royalties.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Columbia University, J.D., 1997
- Princeton University, B.A., 1992, cum laude
- The Honorable Roanne Mann, US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society
- Federal Courts Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Policy Committee
Rate : $$$$