Pamela L. Schultz is a litigator with a broad range of experience in federal and state courts in jurisdictions across the nation. Her specific experience includes the litigation of admiralty and maritime matters, as well as product liability and general liability litigation. She also provides insurance coverage advice.
Ms. Schultz has wide-ranging experience in admiralty and maritime litigation. It includes cargo claims, personal injury defense, product liability, charter party disputes, marine insurance, ship arrests and attachments, collisions and maritime liens.
Her representation of clients includes protection and indemnity clubs and their members, vessel owners, charterers and terminals. Ms. Schultz is actively involved in many professional and trade associations. Ms. Schultz is presently serving a three-year term on the Board of Directors of The Maritime Law Association of the United States.
Ms. Schultz has also represented manufacturers and suppliers in product liability litigation. Her prior experience includes the litigation of food product toxic exposure and manufacturing defect matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Ms. Schultz practiced admiralty and maritime law at Freehill Hogan & Mahar in New York and Severson & Werson in San Francisco. She also practiced in New Orleans at the firm of Frilot LLC. She is licensed to practice in California, New York, Louisiana, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Hawaii.
In October 2014, Ms. Schultz was seconded to the Piraeus office of SKULD, one of the members of the International Group of P&I Clubs.
Professional Affiliations :
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor
- Board of Directors, Member, 2015 – Present
- Special Committee on Membership, Chair, 2017 – Present
- American Bar Association
- Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee, Member, 2001 – Present
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member, 2001 – Present
- American Maritime Cases, Editorial Fellow, 2017 – Present
- Pacific Admiralty Seminar Steering Committee
- Treasurer, 2017 – Present
- J.D., Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2000
- B.S., Accounting, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1997
- New Jersey
- Federal Maritime Commission
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$