Pamela Church is chair of the Firm’s North American Intellectual Property Practice Group and member of the Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. She serves as the head of the Intellectual Property Practice Group in New York and as a member of the Firm’s Global Intellectual Property Steering Committee.
Pamela is also a sub-committee member of the Luxury & Fashion Industry Group. Pamela routinely handles intellectual property matters in transactions involving the development, exploitation and transfer of IP rights, including licensing, research and development, print and electronic publishing, e-commerce, outsourcing, finance and securitization transactions.
She has been consistently recognized as a leader in Intellectual Property by Legal 500 USA and Chambers USA. Managing Intellectual Property selected her as one of the top female IP lawyers in the US in 2013 and 2014, and has recognized her as an “IP Star” since 2013.
In addition to her practice, she teaches International Intellectual Property Law at New York University’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Division of Programs in Business. Pamela served on the Executive Board of Coudert Brothers LLP prior to joining Baker McKenzie.
Pamela has counseled major media, publishing, entertainment, motion picture, financial services, luxury goods and technology companies in the establishment and implementation of comprehensive IP protection, licensing, merchandising, enforcement and anti-piracy programs. Her practice includes corporate counseling in M&A, joint ventures, business reorganizations and finance transactions in fields in which IP rights are key.
Pamela also represents media and advertising companies in sponsorship and endorsement contracts, clearing advertising for use in online and off-line media, advertising agency, product placement and media production agreements and compliance with federal and state regulations governing contests and sweepstakes.
- Yale University (B.A. cum laude)
- New York University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Bonn (Fellowship)
Admissions : New York~United States (1983)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented Scholastic on intellectual property issues in its sale of its educational technology business to Houghton Mifflin and in other M&A transactions.
- Advised Stora Enso, a global leader in renewable solutions in its technology development license and agreement with specialty chemical company Rennovia, Inc. relating to bio-based chemical development.
- Represented McCormick on contracts relating to the development of its digital fingerprint platform and service Flavor Print which matches foods and recipes with a person’s individual flavor profile.
- Advised Prime View International Co., Ltd. on intellectual property issues in its acquisition of the stock of E Ink Corporation, the leader in electronic paper display materials and intellectual property.
- Advised SK Telecom on intellectual property matters in connection with the combination of its majority owned US MVNO venture Helio LLC with Virgin Mobile USA LP.
Rate : $$$