Parisa Karaahmet is a Partner at Fragomen’s New York office, where she leads a team that focuses on individual and complex immigration matters and manages corporate accounts. Parisa also is a member of the firm’s Global Executive Committee.
On the corporate compliance advisory group side, Parisa represents a variety of large, mid-size and smaller companies in their immigration matters, including those in the financial services, medical, pharmaceutical, academic, retail and technology sectors.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Parisa served as an Assistant District Counsel and Acting Deputy District Counsel for the Immigration & Naturalization Service, New York District.
Parisa has provided immigration advice and guidance on a pro bono basis to a number of organizations and individuals, including Human Rights First and DACA recipients, among others. Parisa also speaks at international and national conferences on a variety of immigration topics, including those sponsored by the American Bar Association (ABA), Practising Law Institute (PLI), American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), IIUSA (Invest in the USA) and EB5 Investors Magazine.
Parisa speaks English, Farsi, and French.
- Catholic University, Columbus School of Law | J.D., 1994
- Syracuse University | B.A., 1991
Bar Admissions: New York, Maryland
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, Iranian American Bar Association
- Former Co-chair, Immigration Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Faculty Member and Presenter, the Judicial Institute at Pace University, 2007-2008
Rate : $$$