Parker A. Lee advises clients on domestic and international oil & gas, power, water, petrochemical and infrastructure M&A, project development and joint venture transactions.
In addition to advising on the full suite of transaction documents, Parker routinely works with clients on complex commercial contracts, such as joint operating, joint development, gathering, processing, transportation, terminaling, oil and gas purchase, offtake, master services, operation and maintenance (O&M) and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements.
His international experience includes work in Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, the British Virgin Islands, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, Peru, Russia and the United Kingdom.
- Represented ProPetro Holding Corp. in connection with its $400 million acquisition of the pressure pumping assets of, and the entrance into a long-term services agreement with, Pioneer Natural Resources Company.
- Counsel to The San Jose Water Company on its bid to acquire an interest in the project company, and negotiate a long-term operation and maintenance agreement with the project company, for the Rio Vista Pipeline Project, a 147-mile water pipeline project being procured by the San Antonio Water System.
- Represented a global investment bank’s private equity arm in a preferred debt and warrant investment of $35 million (with the ability to invest up to $185 million over the term of the investment) alongside an infrastructure focused private equity firm in a holding company to acquire existing regulated water and wastewater treatment facilities and for future similar acquisitions.
- Served as lead counsel for a major global energy company in an extensive internal review and summary of all project documents and commercial agreements relating to the company’s entire wind energy project portfolio in the United States, including wind energy projects in Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and Texas.
- Represented a large independent exploration and production company in the conveyance of a water gathering system, water treatment facilities and fresh water wells in the Permian Basin to its midstream affiliates and the drafting and negotiation of the related produced water gathering agreement and water distribution services agreement.
- Represented the special committee of DCP Midstream, LP in its securing of an option to acquire up to a 30 percent ownership interest (representing a potential capital investment of approximately $400 million) in two 150,000 bpd natural gas liquids (NGL) fractionators to be constructed within Phillips 66’s Sweeney Hub in Old Ocean, Texas.
- Represented the world’s largest oil trading company in its $600 million acquisition of the global oil liquids business of a global supply chain manager of energy, power and gas products.
- Represented a publicly traded midstream master limited partnership in the negotiation and execution of an amended and restated gas gathering agreement for the gathering and processing of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale formations with a private oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Represented a private midstream energy company in the sale of a natural gas pipeline, associated facilities and related real property interests in West Virginia to a private oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Represented a private midstream energy company in the negotiation and execution of a gas gathering agreement for the gathering and processing of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation with a publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Represented Enterprise Products Partners L.P. in its purchase of the midstream business and assets of Azure Midstream Partners, L.P. and its operating subsidiaries in East Texas and North Louisiana.
- Represented Tokyo Gas America Ltd. in its 30% strategic equity investment into Castleton Resources LLC, a subsidiary of Castleton Commodities International LLC which owns upstream and midstream assets in East Texas and Louisiana.
- Represented a power project developer in the $20 million sale to an energy and infrastructure focused hedge fund of a project company owning a combined-cycle natural gas-fired generation facility located in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a newly formed private equity firm in its initial acquisition; a purchase of the equity interests of a transmix refinery in Indiana and a related financing through a Supply and Offtake Agreement.
- Represented an independent oil and gas company in its $130 million acquisition of an overriding royalty interest in West Texas acreage.
- Represented Sanchez Energy Corp. in the $44 million sale of its 50% interest in a joint-venture pipeline company to Sanchez Production Partners LP.
- Represented a G2X Energy in its $680 million joint-venture investment with OCI into a greenfield methanol production facility in Beaumont, Texas.
- Represented a major global energy company in its sale of a majority ownership stake in a natural gas processing plant in Mississippi.
- Completed a 6-month in-house secondment, resident in the company’s Cairo, Egypt and Amsterdam, The Netherlands offices, with an Egyptian holding company, managing divestitures of portfolio companies in Cambodia, Burundi, Central African Republic, Malta and the British Virgin Islands.
- Represented a public French seismic and geophysical technology company in its acquisition of U.S. and Canadian seismic data and related assets from a private equity backed portfolio company.
- Represented EP Energy in the $25 million sale of its two primary onshore blocks in Egypt’s Western Desert.
- Represented EP Energy in its $800 million divestiture of U.S. domestic oil and gas producing assets from various basins.
- Represented EP Energy in its $220 million divestiture of U.S. domestic oil and gas producing assets in the Arkoma region.
- Represented EP Energy in its $100 million divestiture of offshore Gulf of Mexico oil and gas producing assets.
- Represented a private equity backed portfolio company in a $50 million acquisition of oil & gas assets in northeast Texas.
- Represented Memorial Production Partners LP in its $170 million initial public offering.
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, cum laude, SMU Science and Technology Law Review, Staff Editor and External Affairs Director, 2010
- BBA, The University of Texas, 2006
- BA, The University of Texas, 2006
- New York
- Alliance Française: Member
- Instituto Argentino de Petróleo y Gas (IAPG) Houston, Member
Rate : $$$