Patricia A. Leonard is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Patti has a diverse business and commercial litigation practice, representing businesses in their contractual disputes, including non-compete and other employment contracts, employment discrimination defense, partnership and corporate disputes, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical litigation matters, food and supplement labeling litigation, and real estate litigation.
Patti has also litigated trade secret, unfair competition, defamation and copyright infringement cases. Patti has held numerous leadership positions in the West Palm Beach community. She served on the executive cabinet of the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” campaign, which raises awareness about heart disease in women.
She also served as a commissioner of the Fourth District Court Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission, is on the editorial advisory board of the American Academy of Medical Entrepreneurs, and previously chaired a Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee. She’s also active in the University of Virginia Alumni Club of the Palm Beaches, having previously served as the Club’s president.
Patti is a published author and a frequent speaker on various legal issues. While in law school, Patti was a member of the moot court board and served as Senior Articles Editor for the University of Miami Law Review. Prior to joining Shutts, Patti practiced business and commercial litigation for a large, international law firm.
- University of Virginia, B.A., English Language and Literature, 1988
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1995
- Senior Articles Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Vice President, Phi Delta Phi Honorary Legal Fraternity
- Order of Barristers
- Order of the Coif
- Recipient, Dean’s Honor Scholarship and Zbar Scholarship
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Rate : $$$