Patricia M. Flanagan helps emerging and industry leading companies protect and enforce their U.S. and international intellectual property rights. She focuses on representing clients in the strategic management and utilization of their trademark portfolios, including procurement, maintenance, licensing, and asserting and defending trademark and unfair competition litigation.
From startups to established global companies, Patricia’s clients span a diverse range of sectors, including retail, fashion, and hospitality brands; international music festivals; production companies and entertainment professionals; technology and software companies; private equity firms; and real estate owners and developers.
Patricia works with her clients to help them develop business strategies that cultivate and protect their intellectual property assets through the use of trademark and copyright registrations, trade secrets, licensing, publicity, digital media, and internet-related content.
When litigation is the appropriate path, Patricia takes action to protect and defend her clients’ businesses, brands, and proprietary information. She has extensive experience litigating cases that center on trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, and entertainment litigation in federal courts across the country, as well before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
She regularly counsels clients on clearance and registration of trademarks and service marks, and worldwide brand management strategies, evaluates and represents clients in trademark oppositions in cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Office, and counsels and assists clients on policing and enforcement issues.
She has substantial experience counseling clients on consumer advertising and marketing laws, including guidance on and counseling clients in respect of advertising reviews and compliance matters, including with respect to the Federal Trade Commission’s truth-in-advertising rules.
She regularly assists clients with a variety of contracts and commercial transactions related to intellectual property, from development and intellectual property ownership agreements for employees and consultants to licenses, manufacturing, and distribution agreements.
She also assists clients by conducting intellectual property due diligence for acquisition/sale transactions and advises on intellectual property provisions in asset purchase agreements.
- Certificate, Fordham University School of Law, 2016, Fashion Law Institute, Summer Intensive Program a.k.a. Fashion Law Bootcamp
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2008, cum laude
- M.B.A., Stetson University, 2008
- B.S., University of Central Florida, 2005, Alpha Xi Delta
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA), Brand Protection Council Committee, Member
- The Federal Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member
Rate : $$$$