Ms. Patricia Fugée focuses her practice on commercial bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and business litigation matters in numerous industries, including manufacturing, hotel and hospitality, healthcare and medical facilities, and retail and commercial real estate.
She represents parties such as banks and financial institutions, debt buyers, asset buyers, landlords, and trade creditors in various proceedings, including bankruptcy cases, foreclosures, workouts, and receiverships. Her clients have also included bankruptcy trustees, a securities trustee, state and federal receivers, and debtors.
As part of her practice, Ms. Fugée represents clients in the investigation, prosecution and recovery of assets where fraudulent activity is involved, including Ponzi schemes, fraudulent transfers, bankruptcy fraud, bank fraud and similar conduct.
In commercial litigation matters, Ms. Fugée has experience with the Uniform Commercial Code in the areas of secured transactions, sales, and banking (articles 2, 3, 4 and 9), as well as breach of contract matters, lender liability, lien disputes and other commercial disputes.
Ms. Fugée’s practice on the transactional side includes workouts, restructurings, lending, and opinions including enforceability, true lease and substantive non-consolidation.
Ms. Fugée has served as a state court receiver to operate and liquidate an industrial machinery dealer and several manufacturing businesses, and she was appointed as an examiner under the Bankruptcy Code to investigate a manufacturer’s transactions in 2011.
Since 2009, Ms. Fugée has been Board Certified in Creditors’ Rights Law by the American Board of Certification, which is a national organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bar.
- J.D., with high honors, Rutgers University School of Law at Camden, 1990
- B.A., Wellesley College, 1986 (mathematics; degree awarded in 3 years)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Rate : $$$