Patricia J. Lane is a partner and corporate lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP with extensive experience representing corporate borrowers in complex financing arrangements. She is a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions Practice and Sports Industry Team.
Representative clients include Harley-Davidson, Inc., Johnson Controls International plc, Fiserv, Inc., Pentair plc, Oshkosh Corporation, Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Snap-on Incorporated, A.O. Smith Corporation, Modine Manufacturing Company, Hanger, Inc., Bemis Company, Inc., Regal-Beloit Corporation, Cummins Inc., MGIC Investment Corporation, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Limited Partnership, Texas Rangers Baseball Club, and the Green Bay Packers.
In addition to traditional financings, she has extensive experience representing corporate borrowers and issuers in complex financing arrangements, both domestic as well as foreign, including syndicated and bilateral credit facilities in US dollars as well as numerous foreign currencies, commercial paper programs, acquisition financings and other structured finance transactions.
She also has structured warehouse lending facilities and has represented corporate borrowers in work-out transactions both inside and outside of bankruptcy including debtor-in-possession financings.
She has also represented issuers, underwriters and rating agencies in asset securitization transactions. Financial assets have included auto loans and leases, agricultural and construction equipment chattel paper, credit card receivables, health care receivables, future cash flows, government contract receivables, Chapter 13 plans, delinquent credit card receivables, television revenues, trade receivables, lease receivables, mortgage loans, stranded utility costs, home equity loans, and home equity lines of credit.
Education : Ms. Lane graduated from the University of Chicago (J.D.) and Marquette University (B.A., summa cum laude), where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Representative Matters :
- Foley represented Maynada Blue, an affiliate of Maynada Holdings, in securing a commercial loan from lender B2R Finance, an affiliate of Blackstone, in the amount of $45.5 million. The complex transaction was secured by 217 properties, which is a significant loan amount and size for a local fund based in Miami.
- Foley led efforts on behalf of Maynada Holdings for the title component and loan documentation, including the agreement negotiations and structuring of the transaction.
- Foley had represented Maynada Holdings earlier in 2015 in securing another commercial loan in the amount of $40 million from C1Bank, secured by 299 properties. The Foley team was led by Daniel Diaz Leyva and included Ashley McRae, Patricia Lane, and Christine Rittberg.
- Foley represented Milwaukee Bucks President and Owner Herbert Kohl in the sale of the basketball franchise to New York investment firm executives Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens. The deal, announced on April 16, 2014, is valued at approximately $550 million.
- Consistent with his commitment to the Bucks and Milwaukee, Kohl, a former U.S. Senator from Wisconsin, has pledged a $100 million gift for the development of a new arena for the team. In addition to honoring Kohl’s requirement that the team be kept in Milwaukee, the prospective new owners have committed to contribute at least an additional $100 million towards the development of a new arena in the city.
Rate : $$$