Patricia Palacios partners with clients to successfully manage high-stakes litigation, internal investigations, and regulatory matters in a number of industries including mining, railroad, automotive, and telecommunications.
Patty’s broad commercial litigation experience covers contract and fraudulent conveyance disputes, and litigation involving punitive damages and preemption issues. She has litigated class action disputes in state and federal courts, been involved in a number of class certification appeals, and has considerable experience in seeking and opposing FRCP 23(f) petitions.
Patty’s internal investigations and products liability matters frequently involve determining the primary cause of suspected design flaws or manufacturing defects and then counseling clients on implementing remedies and defending them in any related litigation. Much of her work involves investigations related to CPSC and NHTSA regulations.
In addition, she has conducted internal investigations related to sexual harassment claims, counseling companies on employment policies and best practices to mitigate costly litigation. Her intellectual property work has included inventorship disputes, inequitable conduct, and anticompetitive conduct.
Patty is co-chair of Steptoe’s Hiring Committee and serves as a member of the Diversity Committee. Prior to law school, she was a consultant and research analyst for a consulting and investment services firm specializing in electricity and natural gas.
- Jury Instructions Committee, The National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC)
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Fellows Alumni Executive Council, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Chair, Leadership Symposium, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2006, with highest honors, Order of the Coif, Senior Notes Editor, The George Washington Law Review
- B.A., Cornell University, 2001, Political Science
Rate : $$$