Patricia Anne Pileggi is partner of Schiff Hardin LLP. As a former Assistant U.S Attorney with more than 30 years of experience as a white collar practitioner, Patricia Pileggi understands how the system works and is able to shepherd her clients through the intricate maze of legal and corporate regulatory schemes.
At Schiff Hardin Patricia devotes her well-honed trial and investigative skills (as well as her intimate working knowledge of government process) to private clients, concentrating her practice in the areas of internal investigations, white collar criminal defense, corporate compliance and litigation.
She has represented individuals and businesses confronted with allegations of criminal conduct regarding government contracts, antitrust, corruption, tax, securities, fraud, insurance, identity theft, bankruptcy, and environmental issues. She has successfully served her clients in grand jury investigations, trials, sentencings, and appeals in federal and state courts.
Businesses regularly call upon Patricia to conduct internal investigations of improper accounting practices, diversion of corporate funds, government contract fraud, conflicts of interest, public corruption and kickbacks. Thanks to her efforts, these internal actions often lead to internal solutions.
Patricia also frequently advises individuals and businesses on their U.S. tax and foreign asset reporting (FBAR and FATCA) obligations, and represents individuals with undisclosed foreign bank accounts through the New York State and IRS voluntary disclosure programs.
Patricia began her career as a trial attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice, Honors Program and as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of New York. In the U.S. Attorney’s Office, she held the positions of Chief of the Public Integrity Section and Tax Fraud Coordinator.
As a federal prosecutor, she investigated and prosecuted hundreds of cases involving government contract fraud, securities fraud, tax fraud and public corruption, winning both the Outstanding Attorney Award from the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and the IRS Criminal Investigation’s highest honor, The Chief’s Award.
- State University of New York Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1979
- Binghamton University – State University of New York, B.A., 1975
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, White Collar Crime Committee
- Federal Bar Council
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, White Collar Criminal Defense College Instructor
- New York State Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- New York City Bar Association
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$