Patricia (Trish) Calhoun assists hospitals, surgery centers, physicians and other health care related businesses with privacy issues, HIPAA, HITECH, risk management, licensing, Stark and anti-kickback compliance, medical staff bylaws, physician credentialing, peer review, EMTALA, involuntary treatment, Florida Baker Act, and medical malpractice defense.
Trish provides assistance complying with licensing and accreditation agencies such as the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and the Joint Commission. Trish also defends health care providers in the courtroom with extensive experience in medical malpractice defense and other health care related claims.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- Eckerd College (B.A., with distinction, 2001)
- Associate, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, Tampa, FL
- Trish was a registered nurse specializing in perioperative nursing prior to attending law school. She served as the manager of an outpatient surgery center where she was responsible for development, strategic planning, fiscal management and daily operations.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Leadership Tampa, Class of 2016
Rate : $$$$