Patricia Hofstra represents a broad range of healthcare clients, helping them with day-to-day legal issues, including corporate matters, mergers, transactions and regulatory compliance.
- Represented Sports Medicine Fairbanks in the sale of practice to a hospital.
- Represented emergency medicine group practice in sale of practice to publicly traded entity.
- Represented a physician-owned specialty hospital in sale of 20 percent interest to not-for-profit system.
- Represented a large physician group in merger with competitor.
- Represented a clinical laboratory in the sale of the business for over $100 million.
- Successfully represented clients in alleged EMTALA violations.
- Successfully represented clients in defending allegations of insurance fraud.
- Successfully represented providers in Medicare/Medicaid, insurance, RAC and ZPIC audits.
- Successfully represented clients in Joint Commission accreditation appeals.
- Created clinically integrated network for surgeons.
- Created hospital/physician and other provider joint ventures.
- Created MSOs and GPOs.
- Represented hospital in contract dispute with international nurse recruiting agency.
- Represented providers in breach of contract matters pertaining to non-competes.
- Represented clients in on-call and coverage disputes.
- Counsel to hospitals, group practices and individual physicians with respect to credentialing and peer review matters.
- Drafted new IRB policy manual for hospital client.
- Ohio Northern University College of Law, J.D.
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S.N.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Current Member, Past Vice Chair, Medical Staff, Credentialing Peer Review Practice Group
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Current Member, Past President and Board Member
- Women Business Leaders Foundation, an invitation-only premier network for more than 3,500 senior executive women and women board leaders in the healthcare industry. The message of WBL is: to connect and convene senior executive women from across the healthcare industry to create meaningful cross-sector relationships, expand their leadership and harness their collective power to improve the industry.
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Board of Directors, SGA Youth and Family Services, 2012-2018
- Board of Directors, Vascular Disease Foundation, 2007-2011
- Board of Directors, Jackson Tower Condominium Association, 2008-2015
Rate : $$$$