Patricia K. Yew is a highly skilled and cross-disciplined lawyer who has vast experience across a variety of areas including compliance counseling, investigations, litigation, and transactions. She focuses on complex and sensitive internal investigations, inquiries and investigations by federal and state enforcement authorities, and litigation involving alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, state and federal environmental laws, Anti-Kickback Statute, civil False Claims Act, state and federal privacy laws, and consumer protection laws.
In addition, she counsels organizations on regulatory matters associated with mergers, acquisitions, and financings. In addition to her corporate legal practice, Patricia devotes significant time to O’Melveny’s pro bono program.
Her representative matters includes representing a nonprofit organization in litigation related to negligence and breach of fiduciary duties and counseling nonprofits on issues related to state and federal privacy laws.
Patricia has also served as in-house investigations counsel in the Ethics and Compliance Department of a global computer data storage company, while seconded for seven months. In this role, she managed the company’s Ethics Hotline and conducted compliance investigations across all company business units worldwide.
She also gained a unique understanding of the challenges facing in-house legal teams and their expectations for best-in-class service from outside counsel.
- Defending a leading medical device manufacturer in a multi-state AG investigation and ensuing litigation related to the company’s sales and marketing practices related to surgical implants
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in multi-state litigation involving allegations of unfair competition, false advertising, and other consumer fraud claims in connection with the sale and marketing of prescription pain medications
- Conducted an internal investigation led by a Special Committee of a Fortune 500 telecommunication company’s Board of Directors into allegations challenging the company’s billing practices
- Conducted an internal investigation for a leading energy company to assess the compliance of its China-based subsidiaries with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Defended a corporation in investigations by the state Department of Environmental Quality and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Criminal Investigation Division, into various alleged violations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and the federal Clean Water Act
- Advised a Fortune 500 energy company on regulatory issues associated with an industrial incident and environmental release
- Counseled a public semiconductor company in an SEC investigation into potential insider trading of securities by corporate executives
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of California at Berkeley, J.D.: Development Editor, California Law Review; Article Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal; Assistant Article Editor, Asian American Law Journal; 2nd Place in the 2009 Berkeley Technology Law Journal Student Writing Competition
- Duke University, B.S., Psychology: with distinction
Rate : $$$