Patrick Talley practices primarily in the area of commercial litigation and personal injury defense, with a focus in transportation, energy and environmental law. Mr. Talley has worked extensively within the railroad industry, and is well-known both regionally and nationwide in that area.
He has successfully represented railroads, including three Class I and two Short Line railroads, in matters involving cargo and freight claims, derailments, crossing litigation, and employee personal injury and death (FELA), as well as real estate, expropriation and environmental matters.
He also represents the Association of American Railroads (AAR) in Louisiana and the Louisiana Railroad Association, and serves as an officer and member of the Executive Committee of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel.
In the realm of energy and environmental law, Mr. Talley represents companies in litigation and compliance matters related to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) and toxic tort exposure claims, particularly benzene and other chemical exposures.
He also represents companies in general business litigation, contract disputes and other commercial litigation matters.
- Tulane University Law School, LL.M. in Energy and Environmental Law, 1993
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., 1982
- Armstrong College, B.A., 1976
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Board of Governors, 2013-2017; House of Delegates member, 1994-2013, 2017-present)
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Foundation
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (Executive Committee and Secretary)
- Boy Scouts of America, Southeast Louisiana Council (Executive Board and Executive Committee)
- Holy Name of Jesus Parish (School Board)
- New Orleans Charter Schools Foundation (Board of Directors and Vice-President)
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (Board of Directors and International President)
Rate : $$$