Patrick D. Blake’s practice focuses primarily on catastrophic loss cases involving wrongful death or serious bodily injury in the context of products and premises liability, toxic torts, and trucking/auto cases. He also has an active tort defense practice in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Has tried cases in state and federal courts, with approximately 30 jury trials to verdict.
- Has represented manufacturers and distributors in products liability lawsuits, including cases involving construction and mining equipment, aircraft components, boat engines, wheelchairs, whirlpools, and security systems.
- Represents national trucking firms in defense of personal injury lawsuits, including wrongful death and traumatic brain injury.
- Defends toxic tort and multiple chemical sensitivity claims arising out of alleged exposure to asbestos, “toxic” mold, adhesives, and lead.
- Represents international resorts, hotels, and restaurant chains in defense of premises liability lawsuits.
- Defends major telecommunications company in defense of contract disputes and personal injury lawsuits.
- Represents insurance companies in defense and prosecution of coverage disputes.
- Represents national railroad in local FELA and crossing matters.
- Represented national airline and national aviation company in aviation law matters filed in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- J.D., College of William & Mary, Order of the Barristers, Law Review, Trial Team, 2000
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1997
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bar
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute – Products Liability
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virgin Islands Bar Association
Rate : $$$