Patrick T. Campbell focuses his litigation practice on white collar and corporate criminal and regulatory matters, as well as commercial litigation. With a breadth of experience, Patrick has developed a legal skill set that makes him a strong addition to any team faced with complicated litigation. His calm demeanor enables Patrick to remain focused on the matters facing his clients, regardless of the level of complexity present.
Patrick is also involved in the development of junior associates at BakerHostetler. Over the past several years, he has formally and informally mentored many of the New York office’s junior associates, and he is an active member of the New York office’s Mentorship Committee. Patrick also devotes his time to the Federal Bar Council and its First Decade Committee, having co-chaired the council’s 2015 annual Fall Bench and Bar Retreat.
- Acts as a key member of a team that represents numerous foreign claimants in the then-largest civil forfeiture action brought by the United States Department of Justice’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative involving alleged corruption and embezzlement by the former Nigerian president and his family and associates.
- Since 2009, has worked on a variety of litigation matters in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) trustee, Irving H. Picard, for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC. Is a key member of the Picard v. Madoff et al. legal team, which is responsible for the SIPA trustee’s avoidance litigation seeking to recover assets for the Fund of Customer Property for ultimate distribution to the defrauded customers of Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
- Counsels major construction and energy companies on “best practices” for corporate governance and ethics and compliance matters.
- Represented an individual in connection with a high-profile public corruption investigation conducted by the Department of Justice.
- Conducted Foreign Corrupt Practices Act due diligence for an international provider of food, beverage and retail services for airports and motorways in connection with the potential acquisition of food and beverage outlet service contracts for airports in India.
- Represented a worldwide pharmaceutical distribution company in connection with a nationwide Drug Enforcement Administration investigation into the distribution of controlled substances under the Controlled Substances Act.
- New York State Bar Association: Committee on Civil Rights
- Former Secretary
- Former Featured Writer and Editor, “Guantanamo and Beyond: A Blog on Executive Detention, National Security and Due Process”
- New York City Bar Association: Compliance Committee
- Federal Bar Council: First Decade Committee
- American Bar Association
- J.D., New York Law School, 2007,summa cum laude
- B.B.A., The City University of New York, Baruch College, 2004, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2011
- New York, 2009
Rate : $$$