W. Patrick “Packey” Conlon is an Associate in Locke Lord’s Litigation Department and a member of the Firm’s Class Actions practice group. Packey has tried cases through trial, and regularly represents clients in high stakes litigation of complex commercial, business tort, health care, and class action matters in jurisdictions across the country.
He has a broad scope of trial and appellate court experience, including co-chairing a week-long trial, handling oral argument at the appellate level, and engaging in summary judgment, discovery, arbitration, and pre and post-trial practice.
Packey advises and counsels clients in a variety of business litigation and dispute resolution matters, including commercial contract disputes, protection of valuable trade-secret information, corporate governance disputes, non-compete agreement enforcement, business and securities fraud, fiduciary duty and/or the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and adversary proceedings pending in bankruptcy court.
Representative Experience :
- Obtained defense judgment on behalf of an insurance broker in a bench trial and defeated all of the court-appointed corporate receiver’s claims, which alleged aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and sought damages for the alleged diversion of millions of dollars in insurance commissions and related damages.
- Member of a team that obtained a rarely-issued supervisory order from the Illinois Supreme Court, which vacated the trial court’s order of sanctions and ended the sanctions proceedings.
- Secured judgment for a client in a lawsuit involving charges of consumer fraud brought in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. The Court entered an order dismissing with prejudice all claims against the client. On appeal, the Seventh Circuit affirmed the order.
- Member of a team that defended one of the nation’s largest mortgage servicers in putative federal class action asserting TCPA claims alleging that defendants skip trace cell phone numbers and then call the numbers without consent using an auto-dialer.
- Member of a team that defended former directors and officers of an international medical device company in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and related adversary proceedings involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty asserted by the creditor’s committee and Litigation Trustee.
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Intern, Office of the General Counsel to Governor Pat Quinn
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Chair and Co-Founder, The Anti Violence Task Force
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2015
- B.B.A., Finance, Illinois Wesleyan University, 2012
Admissions : Illinois, 2015
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$