Patrick J. Devine, a corporate partner in Pillsbury’s San Francisco office, advises clients in a variety of industries on corporate, securities and mergers and acquisitions matters. Patrick provides a broad range of services to emerging companies, venture capital and private equity funds, and private and public companies primarily in the technology, health care, energy, and wine, beer and spirits industries.
He has a particularly strong M&A practice, advising and negotiating multimillion-to-multibillion-dollar deals. Patrick counsels emerging growth clients from formation, financings, operations and growth through mergers, acquisitions and IPOs.
Patrick’s representation of public companies emphasizes corporate and governance matters and SEC reporting.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented NTT DATA International in its acquisition of Dell Inc.’s IT services division (infrastructure services, cloud services, application services, and business process outsourcing) for $3.055 billion.
- Represented Ernst & Young U.S. in numerous acquisitions of technology and consulting companies.
- Represented Western Refining in its acquisition of Northern Tier Energy LP from Acon Investments and TPG Capital for $775 million.
- Represented McKesson Corporation in numerous acquisitions, divestments and investments.
- Represented Brown-Forman in its $238 million sale of Fetzer Vineyards to Viña Concha y Toro.
- Represented Financial Engines in its acquisition of The Mutual Fund Store from Warburg Pincus for approximately $600 million.
- Represented Performant Financial Corporation in its subsequently terminated acquisition of Premier Healthcare Exchange Inc.
- Represented Digital Garage in numerous acquisitions of software development companies.
- Represented Marvell Technology Group Ltd. in its $275 million acquisition of Avago Technologies’ printer semiconductor business.
- Represented Advanced Fibre Communications in its $1.5 billion merger with Tellabs Inc. and its $240 million acquisition of Marconi Communications’ U.S. access equipment business.
- Represented Vodafone Group plc in the formation of Verizon Wireless, its $80 billion national cellular joint venture with Verizon Communications.
- Represented Ocular Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ) in its merger-of-equals with Wesley Jessen Visioncare Inc. and the subsequent defense and settlement of an unsolicited bid from Bausch & Lomb Inc.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1995
- A.B., Georgetown University, 1991
ADMISSIONS : California, Maryland
Rate : $$$$