Mr. Patrick C. Dunican is a nationally recognized law firm leader who was highlighted in 2010 by Law360 as one of the nation’s most innovative law firm managing partners. Mr. Dunican has been named for eight consecutive years to NJBIZ’s “Power 100” list of the 100 most powerful people in New Jersey business and was recently ranked #26 on the 2017 PolitickerNJ Power List of the 100 most prominent people in New Jersey politics.
Also in 2017, he was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the state’s “Distinguished Leaders” in the legal industry and a “Professional Lawyer of the Year” by the Essex County Bar Association and the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law.
In 2004, at the age of 36, Mr. Dunican was elected Managing Director of Gibbons. Since that time, he has led the growth of the firm into a major Mid-Atlantic regional powerhouse by establishing a corporate management model and defining the firm’s future by achieving significant overhead cost reductions.
Under his leadership, Gibbons has realized significant growth, joining the AmLaw 200 in 2007, the same year Mr. Dunican was named “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst & Young, for his work building and leading a dynamic and growing professional services company.
Two years later, Gibbons was one of only 20 firms nationwide to be named to The National Law Journal’s inaugural “Midsize Hot List,” which recognized firms with fewer than 300 lawyers that have found innovative ways to position themselves. In addition, Law360 has featured Gibbons as a “New Jersey Powerhouse” every year the series has run.
In addition, Mr. Dunican was recently featured by The Irish Voice in its 2017 “Irish Education 100” list of the country’s most influential professionals of Irish descent involved in higher education. He serves on the Board of Legal Trustees of Iona College as a member of the Board of Trustees Executive Committee, Committee on Trustees/Governance, and Academic Committee. He also chairs the Audit Compliance and Risk Committee.
Mr. Dunican additionally works with Seton Hall University School of Law, serving as immediate past Chair of its Board of Visitors and Co-Chair of its Strategic Planning Committee. He previously co-chaired the Seton Hall Law Rising fundraising campaign, which exceeded its $25 million goal. Mr. Dunican has been honored as a distinguished alumnus by both Iona College and Seton Hall Law. He is a trustee of the Independent College Fund of New Jersey.
In 2013, he served as the Grand Marshal of the Newark St. Patrick’s Day Parade, raising more money for more charities than ever before in the parade’s 78-year history. Mr. Dunican is also a founding member of the Irish American Bar Association of New Jersey and is on the Board of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and the President’s Council of Valley Hospital Foundation.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Editor-in-Chief, Seton Hall Law Review, 1990-1991
- Iona College (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation
- Second Vice President, 2012-2014
- Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Chair, Board of Visitors, 2013-2016
- Vice Chair, 2009-2013
- Iona College Board of Legal Trustees
- Trustee, 2013 – present
- Former Chair, Audit, Compliance, and Risk Committee
- Independent College Fund of New Jersey
- Trustee, 2017 – present
- Bar Association of the City of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$