Patrick Basinski focuses his practice on technology transactions and intellectual property matters. He advises businesses of all sizes in connection with the acquisition, development, marketing, sale and support of technology, especially in the areas of cloud services, software, artificial intelligence and IoT products and services.
He has particular experience in complex, multi-party service delivery models and strategic partnering arrangements, often including highly negotiated data security and privacy commitments.
Having served in-house for Microsoft and Dell and as outside counsel to numerous global and emerging tech companies, Patrick has deep experience leading client transactions and providing timely and targeted assistance and counseling to in-house legal and business teams across many industries and around the world.
- Senior Attorney, 2014-2017; Attorney, 2012-2014 – Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
- Senior Counsel, 2010-2012; Counsel 2009-2010 – Dell Inc., Roundrock, Texas
- Associate Attorney, Baker Botts LLP, Austin, Texas, 2001-2009
Professional & Community Activities:
- Corporate Counsel Section, Business Law Section – Washington State Bar Association
- Advisory Committee, Clean Energy Incubator, Austin Technology Incubator, 2005-2009
- Pro bono legal advisor, PeopleFund (a nonprofit community lender), 2001-2010
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2001, with honors
- M.P.A., University of Texas, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, 1994
- B.A., History, University of Texas, 1989
Rate : $$$$