Patrick Clark is a shareholder in the Firm and concentrates his practice on advice and litigation in all areas of employment law. Although Patrick has particular expertise in representing healthcare industry clients, his representative clients also include insurance, paper/building products and publishing companies. Patrick’s representation of clients encompasses litigation in state and federal courts across the country.
Patrick is viewed as one of the Firm’s “go to” lawyers for cases anticipated to be tried. To date, his active trial practice has included trying cases to verdict in Alabama, California, Florida, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Georgia – all states in which he holds bar memberships.
Before beginning the practice of management-side employment law in 1997, Patrick spent five years representing labor unions and employees in disputes with management and tried cases to verdict on their behalf.
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 1992
- B.A., University of Alabama, 1989
Admitted to Practice:
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- California State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Obtaining defense verdict for client in state court jury trial on former sales executive’s claims of breach of implied employment contract and bad faith
- Obtaining defense verdict for client in state court jury trial involving claims for breach of employment contract and public policy wrongful termination
- Obtaining judgment as a matter of law in client’s favor at the close of all the evidence in multi-day jury trial in which the plaintiff had alleged claims for invasion of privacy and constructive discharge, which judgment was affirmed on appeal
- Securing nuisance value settlement for client at the close of the plaintiff’s case on the third day of federal jury trial
Rate : $$$$