Patrick E. Fitzmaurice is a trusted advisor who counsels creditors concerning complex bankruptcy and litigation matters. When a business solution is not possible, clients know that Patrick will protect their interests in the courtroom.
Patrick’s practice focuses on representing lenders and other creditors in workouts, restructurings, litigation and bankruptcy matters. He has particular experience working with investment banks and other financial institutions to resolve matters involving derivative contracts and other complex assets.
Patrick also represents clients in connection with fraudulent transfer and other types of avoidance litigation. In one matter, he represented a warehouse lender with respect to issues arising from the failed securitization of commercial loans that had collateralized a warehouse facility.
Patrick has handled loan workouts and recovery actions, bankruptcy and associated issues, and related litigation in multiple jurisdictions, taking a comprehensive, disciplined approach to resolving a number of complex and contentious matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented various project financiers in connection with the SunEdison bankruptcy case.
- Advised Capital One Equipment Finance Corp. in loan recovery and fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Counseled a bank group in fraudulent transfer litigation commenced by the representative of the Mirant Corp. bankruptcy estate.
- Served as counsel to a specialty finance company in loan workout and recovery actions and related litigation and bankruptcy matters.
- Advised the administrator of Lehman Brothers Bankhaus AG (I. Ins.) in resolving disputes with counterparties to repurchase agreements and derivatives contracts.
- Represented Deutsche Bank and DB Structured Products in numerous litigations, workouts and settlements with residential mortgage loan originators and sellers that were former participants in the bank’s correspondent lender program.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1996
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$