Patrick Hannon is a member of the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigation team. He represents public and private corporations, financial institutions and investment firms in civil and criminal investigations and administrative and judicial proceedings before the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and other U.S. and foreign law enforcement agencies.
Patrick also advises board committees, independent directors, senior executives, and internal legal and compliance professionals on securities, banking and tax issues, as well as on corporate governance, fiduciary duty, risk management, internal controls and other compliance matters.
Having served for nearly 15 years as a senior executive at one of the world’s leading investment banks, where he advised supranational, governmental, and public and private corporate and financial institutions throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Patrick brings a unique combination of legal, financial and business skills to the effective representation of his clients, whether they are contending with law enforcement, regulatory agencies, private litigants or other legal challenges.
- Advises global financial institutions regarding the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and related reporting, compliance, internal control and remediation matters.
- Serves as counsel to the outside directors of a publicly registered U.S. financial institution.
- Serves as counsel to the trustee in the liquidation of a major broker-dealer in the U.S. and U.K.
- Represented the key witness and defendant in one of the largest criminal tax evasion prosecutions brought by the DOJ and IRS in U.S. history.
- Represented the board of directors of a public company regarding an SEC insider trading investigation.
- Served as counsel in securing the dismissal of all charges against the CEO and affiliated corporations of a prominent U.S. commercial real estate conglomerate charged in a major fraud, racketeering and money laundering indictment.
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- J.D., Georgetown University, Associate Editor, The Tax Lawyer
- B.A., Yale University
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
Rate : $$$$