Patrick L. Hayden focuses his practice on insolvency law and financial restructuring, including bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts, and distressed asset acquisitions. He is experienced in representing corporate debtors, secured lenders, asset acquirers, and other parties in interest, in bankruptcy courts throughout the United States.
His representation of creditors encompasses all aspects of recovery and protection of collateral and collection of outstanding debt. His representation of debtors in Chapter 11 cases includes publicly held corporations, closely held corporations and an agricultural cooperative.
- Representation of Workflow Management, Inc. as Chapter 11 debtor (E.D. Va.).
- Representation of Canadian-chartered bank as creditor and derivative counterparty in Lehman Bros. Chapter 11 cases (S.D. N.Y.) and Lehman Bros. International (Europe) insolvency (UK),.
- Representation of secured lender and adversary defendant in Adelphia Communications Corporation Chapter 11 cases (S.D. N.Y.).
- Representation of majority equity holder and DIP lender in Heartland Automotive Services, Inc. Chapter 11 cases (N.D. Texas).
- Representation of bank as administrative and collateral agent in workout of $175 million of debt of major dairy corporation.
- Representation of financially distressed American Fiber Resources, International in its $200 million sale to Canadian strategic buyer SFK Pulp.
- Representation of majority equity holder and DIP lender in Nationwide Warehouse & Storage, Inc. Chapter 11 cases (N.D. Georgia).
- Representation of numerous creditors in WorldCom, Inc. Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of Motient Corporation as Chapter 11 debtor.
- Representation of Heilig-Meyers Company as Chapter 11 debtor.
- The College of William & Mary, JD, 1989
- Washington and Lee University, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1986
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
Affiliations : Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$