Patrick J. Hurley works on mergers and acquisitions with both public and private companies. He also advises them in public and private securities offerings, including Rule 144A offerings, and private equity financings as well as other corporate financings.Patrick leverages his breadth of corporate knowledge and securities law experience to assist clients in growing and protecting their business interests.
- Extensive experience in the energy sector, particularly in the upstream and midstream sector.
- Handles mergers and acquisitions and debt and equity financings.
- Advised Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Tronox Ltd.’s alkali business, the world’s largest producer of natural soda ash. Also advised on related $750 million preferred unit financing with investment vehicles affiliated with KKR Global Infrastructure Investors II and GSO Capital Partners, as well as a public offering of $550 million of senior notes.
- Provided counsel to Sanchez Energy Corporation in a strategic, 50/50 partnership with affiliates of The Blackstone Group L.P. to acquire Anadako Petroleum Corporation’s working interest in approximately 318,000 gross acres in the Western Eagle Ford for approximately $2.3 billion.
- Assisted Oragami Capital in a cross-border recapitalization and financing transaction with Trident Exploration Corp., pursuant to a Plan of Arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act. The restructuring was successfully completed, with Oragami as the majority stockholder. Oragami also achieved significant board representation in post-reorganized Trident.
- Served as counsel to Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.’s offshore pipeline and services business, significantly expanding Genesis’ offshore presence. The deal included related public offerings of $750 million in senior notes and approximately $394 million of common units.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 1999
- B.A., Trinity University, cum laude, 1996
Rate : $$$$