Patrick J. Maslyn has extensive experience working with all of the laws and regulations affecting franchises in the United States. He has helped countless start-up franchisors and several Fortune 20 companies structure their franchise systems and manage their franchisee networks.
In many cases, Patrick has effectively served his franchisor clients as more than just their franchise lawyer, but as outside general counsel, providing advice and counseling in areas like antitrust, intellectual property, sourcing and advertising issues in addition to drafting Franchise Agreements, Development Agreements, and Franchise Disclosure Documents, filing state franchise registration and exemption applications, and providing periodic counseling on compliance with the complicated patchwork of state franchise relationship laws.
- Miami University; B.A., 1992
- George Washington University School of Law; J.D., 1997
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
- International Franchise Association; Legal Symposium Task Force, 2005-2006; Membership Committee, 2012-2013
- Virginia State Bar Antitrust, Franchise & Trade Regulation Section; Member; Secretary, 2006-2007; Vice-Chair, 2007-2008; Chair, 2008-2009; Immediate Past Chair, 2009-2010
- Represented numerous start-up franchise companies in development and implementation of new franchise programs
- Obtained state franchise registrations and franchise exemptions in every state
- Served as lead U.S. franchise lawyer for several Fortune 500 companies
- Represented one of the largest companies in the world in the disposition of the assets of a 900-unit franchise system
- Lobbied the Virginia legislature to revise the Virginia Retail Franchising Act to provide more opportunities for franchisors to become registered to or be exempt from registering to offer and sell franchises in Virginia
Rate : $$$