Patrick D. Joyce is an associate in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Department in the Workplace Safety and Health (OSHA/MSHA) and Environmental Compliance, Enforcement, and Permitting practice groups. Mr. Joyce is also a member of the firm’s Catastrophe Response Team. Mr. Joyce focuses primarily on environmental counseling, environmental litigation, general corporate litigation, and OSHA/MSHA litigation and counseling.
Mr. Joyce defends and counsels clients on a wide array of environmental issues, including regulatory compliance, remediation, permitting, due diligence, and solid and hazardous waste. He also represents clients in federal, state, and administrative tribunals in environmental litigation, CERCLA and RCRA liability, liability under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and whistleblower allegations arising under federal laws, including OSHA.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Joyce worked as an environmental consultant in San Francisco, California, preparing environmental impact statements under RCRA, CERCLA, and the California Environmental Quality Act. Prior to his employment with Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Mr. Joyce worked for one of the premier boutique estate planning law firms in the Chicagoland region, counseling clients on estate planning issues and preparing and executing complex and comprehensive estate plans.
Mr. Joyce is heavily involved in his Chicago neighborhood, being on the Board of Directors for the Neighbors of the West Loop as well as being treasurer of his homeowner’s association Board of Directors. He is also an amateur tuba player and is active in a local community band.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA, with honors (2012)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Washington Journal of Environmental Law and Politics
- B.A., Economics and Environmental Science, Northwestern University (2006)
- American Bar Association (Co-Chair Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Special Committee on Young Lawyers (2012-Present))
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Vice Chair, Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee Electronic Communications and Social Media, 2016-2017)
Rate : $$$