Patrick J. Kelleher concentrates his practice in the trial and appeal of complex federal matters, primarily under the patent, trademark, and antitrust laws. His experience representing Asian, European, Canadian and U.S. clients in both civil and criminal matters spans the electronics, medical device, energy, aeronautics, and videogame industries.
Patrick represents parties in patent infringement suits concerning apparatus, design and method (including business method) patents. He has represented and counseled clients in connection with antitrust claims, internal corporate investigations and investigations by the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Patrick has argued before numerous courts, including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court of South Dakota.
Before joining Drinker Biddle, Patrick served as law clerk to the Hon. Paddy H. McNamara in the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County and worked in the Frauds Bureau of the District Attorney of New York County (Manhattan). Patrick is a dual citizen of the United States and Ireland.
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement for a major manufacturer of cell phones and also Rule 11 sanctions against opposing counsel with an award to our client of attorney fees
- Obtained affirmance of a non-infringement judgment in favor of his client a mere five days after oral argument before the Federal Circuit
- Obtained a writ of mandamus to protect a client’s attorney-client privilege
- Obtained many favorable summary judgments, verdicts, and appellate results for clients in more than 25 states. His cases have twice reached the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1993
- Boston College, B.A., 1990, magna cum laude, Dean’s Scholar in economics
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, Seventh Circuit, Eighth Circuit, Ninth Circuit, Tenth Circuit.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$