Patrick J. Koncel assists his clients with all manners of intellectual property counseling and prosecution, focusing mainly on trademark and copyright protection. He is a flexible and responsive attorney, crafting individual and dynamic solutions to the varied issues he faces in his practice.
Patrick’s clients range from entrepreneurs starting their first business to large multinational corporations with extensive IP portfolios, both domestic and foreign.
Patrick has extensive experience prosecuting trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as experience before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board prosecuting and defending trademark oppositions and cancellations.
Working with a network of trusted associates and local counsel in more than 100 countries across the globe, Patrick helps his clients secure, maintain and enforce their IP rights in any location worldwide.
Patrick developed his intellectual property law skills while in law school, where he received a certificate in Intellectual Property, served as treasurer for the Intellectual Property Law Society and as the articles editor on The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law.
Patrick’s article exploring the evolving relationship between copyright law and internet-based music streaming services was published in the Review’s January 2015 issue.
- J.D., cum laude, The John Marshall Law School, 2016
- Intellectual Property Law Society, Treasurer
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Jeffrey Lawrence, Circuit Court of Cook County, Law Division
- New York Bar Association National Moot Court Competition
- American Bar Association, National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- B.A., Northern Illinois University, 2003 (Psychology)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Rate : $$$