Patrick D. McKegney focuses his practice primarily on complex civil litigation across a variety of industries. Patrick’s experience encompasses all facets of litigation, including pretrial investigation, extensive motion practice, discovery, witness preparation, and trial.
- Counsel in multiple actions alleging that various financial entities breached representations and warranties in the issuance and securitization of Residential Mortgage Backed Securities.
- Representing major university in Title IX lawsuit alleging that the school failed to reach proper finding in its investigation of alleged sexual assault.
- Represented financial institution against conspiracy and breach of contract claims stemming from a 2005 Ponzi scheme in Florida.
- Represented insurer and airport authority in multi-billion dollar property damage lawsuits arising from the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Obtained dismissal in January 2016 of a qui tam action against a large insurance company alleging violations of the Medicare Secondary Payor rules.
- Participated in a highly publicized independent investigation on behalf of the Board of Trustees of a major university’s sexual assault policies.
- Achieved a summary judgment victory for Harvard University in a high-profile Title IX lawsuit alleging that the University failed to respond appropriately to a student’s allegations of sexual assault.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a multi-state consumer-fraud investigation
- Represented a national healthcare organization and its affiliates in multiple congressional investigations..
- Represented a property owner in numerous lawsuits relating to a crane collapse at the owner’s site.
- Represented a national concert promoter in a six-week civil trial in 2013 against Suffolk County in the Eastern District of New York, prosecuting federal civil-rights claims for an unconstitutional denial of a mass-gathering permit.
- Represented individual clients and financial institutions in response to Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and congressional investigations.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Fordham University, J.D.: Director of Programming and Alumni Affairs, Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Program
- Georgetown University, B.B.A., Marketing Management
Rate : $$$$