Patrick J. Naughton is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department. He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions transactions, including leveraged buyouts and private equity investments, and on corporate and securities law matters. Patrick was resident in the Firm’s Hong Kong office from 2006 to 2010.
Selected transactions include the representation of:
- Invitation Homes in its merger-of-equals transaction with Starwood Waypoint Homes, a transaction with an enterprise value of $20 billion
- EQT in connection with its acquisitions of Sitecore and Press Ganey and the acquisition of WorkWave by its portfolio company IFS
- New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of the majority ownership position in One Digital Health and Benefits from Fidelity National Financial Ventures and its sale of its stake in AmWINS
- Primavera Capital and Ant Financial in connection with their investments in Yum China
- AXIS Capital in connection with its announced but subsequently terminated merger with Partner Re
- Smithfield Foods in connection with its sale to Shuanghui International Holdings
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in its portfolio company Emdeon by Blackstone
- Blackstone in connection with its acquisition of the U.S. business of Centro Properties Group
- AIG in connection with the sale of its Japanese subsidiaries, AIG Star Life Insurance company and AIG Edison Life Insurance Company, to Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Blackstone in connection with its acquisition of 20% of China National Bluestar (Group) Corporation
- KKR in connection with its acquisitions of MMI Holdings Ltd. and Unisteel Technology Limited in Singapore
- The Special Committee of Lafarge North America in connection with the tender offer by Lafarge S.A., its controlling stockholder
- Genesee & Wyoming in the acquisitions of Rail Partners and several other railroad companies
- The independent directors of ImClone Systems in connection with various corporate governance matters
- Evercore and other investment banking clients in their roles as financial advisors in M&A transactions
Patrick is commended as a leading lawyer by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, which cites his “solid work [and] commercial and reasonable approach” and describes him as a “go-to adviser on cross-border transactions involving China and Hong Kong.” He has also been recognized as “Dealmaker of the Week” by The American Lawyer for his lead role in Sealed Air’s acquisition of Diversey.
Patrick received his J.D. in 1995 from Harvard Law School and his B.A., magna cum laude, in 1992 from Williams College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- International Bar Association
Admissions : New York 1996
Rate : $$$