Patrick O’Brien is co-head of the firm’s securities and public companies practice. He concentrates his practice on representing companies and underwriters in financings as well as public and private companies in M&A transactions.
Patrick has extensive experience representing healthcare, life sciences and technology companies and underwriters in connection with equity and debt offerings, as well as mergers and acquisitions and royalty monetizations.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1989
- BA, University of Illinois, 1983
- Massachusetts, 1989
- New York, 2012
- Represented the following issuers in their proposed initial public offerings: Zai Labs, IMS Health Holdings, Inc., Aptalis Holdings Inc., Par Pharmaceutical Holdings, Inc., Iasis Healthcare Corporation, and Petco Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $610 million acquisition (plus milestones) of Enobia Inc.
- Represented LA BioMED and UCLA in its sale of a portion of its royalty interest in Kybella.
- Represented Canadian Pension Plan Investment Boardin the purchase of a $168 million royalty interest from Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- Represented a publicly traded specialty pharmaceutical company in a complex acquisition and related royalty based financing.
- Represented a university in connection with the sale of a pharmaceutical royalty stream.
Rate : $$$